How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Greenville smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it incorporates your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full command of your Greenville home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and check out tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Greenville benefit you?
Wirelessly connecting to devices via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular capability and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote operation via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check live or saved video from all integrated security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Greenville by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your doors unlock if the fire alarm triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will still be present inside your home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be away, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
You’ll notice a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For example, an open door will cue you to take action. It’s worth noting that you are still able to arm the system by using the above steps. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Greenville
Although multiple users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and press the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote functionality, select email or phone and provide the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to remove, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Greenville security system. Contact (864) 660-7126 to learn more.